Be creative when acknowledging your contributors. If they feel appreciated, they will continue to sponsor you year after year. The following are some ideas for thanking and recognizing sponsors:
- Buy a movement clip or bracelet for your top fund raisers or notable contributors.
- Use your participation center to journal your experience and thank contributors.
- Send a thank you letter after the event, provide details of your adventure and include photos.
- Make your sponsor an honorary team member or participant. Give your sponsor a team T-shirt if that person makes a large donation. Invite sponsors to team parties.
- Print your sponsor's name and/or company logo in your thank you newsletter.
- Print your sponsor's logo on your team t-shirt or individual rider's shirt or jersey.
- Host a festive dinner party for your top contributors.
- Hang a sign or send an e-mail at work that thanks all of your co-workers who made a donation. Better yet, offer refreshments to thank co-workers.
- Keep sponsors informed of your fundraising total and let them know how that dollar amount will impact the lives of people with multiple sclerosis.
- Send a holiday card to your sponsors reminding them that you plan on doing the event next year.